Although Dead Sea salt has been around us for thousands of years, it is only in the last two decades that it is sold worldwide. That contributed to expand and innovate in the way to use it. Famous brands and final users started to discover how to get the best of it. We don´t have to thrust in ancient Cleopatra´s formulas as the only source anymore.
The mineral-rich content of the salt can do miracles for your entire body and your face. Despite being abrasive, the salt can also contribute to improving the texture and appearance of your complexion.
What Dead Sea salt can do for your face
Overall, the Dead Sea salt promotes good health by penetrating the cells and other organs with minerals and essential elements. Although there are about 32 of them, you can find that the main elements consist of magnesium to aid in skin healing. Also, potassium helps regulate the proportion of moisture and calcium to create a natural barrier to protect and correct tissues.
And sulfur acts as a disinfectant. With this variety of ingredients is easy to conclude that an application of Dead Sea salt to your skin can boost and stimulate your skin to make it glow and soothe fine lines, wrinkles, and imperfections. Meanwhile, it provides a relaxing effect.
Different ways to use Dead Sea salt for your face
The skin´s face is more delicate than other parts of the body. Hence, any formula or preparation you use has to be soft and delicate too. Fortunately, there are plenty of them. Here some ways to get the best for your face:
- Face scrub: wet your face and using fine grain salt combine circular and upward movements to exfoliate your skin. It helps to remove oil, deep dirt and contributes to reaching an even tone of your skin. Remove with abundant water and apply moisturizer.
- Facial toner: dissolve about one small spoon of salt into a half-liter of water. Then use a cotton pad to apply it all over your face. It helps you to remove the rest of your makeup while boosting the circulation of your blood. It prepares your skin to continue with your skincare routine as usual.
- Face mask: just as you use the Dead Sea mud mask, you can also prepare a mask using the salt. To do so, mix one measure of Dead Sea salt into 2 measures of water and apply it with a spray bottle. Leave it on your face for about 10-15 minutes and enjoy the rejuvenation and invigorating effects.
- Cosmetic brands: some trustable cosmetic brands have developed extraordinary lines that include Dead Sea salt. You can find moisturizers, toners, and many other products. Just follow the instructions of the fabricants and enjoy all the benefits they provide. Your complexion can also obtain benefits from the additional vitamins and ingredients they add.
- What Bath Salts or Dead Sea Salt Calms Eczema?
- Can You Mix Dead Sea Salt and Epsom Salt?
- 17 Best Dead Sea or Sea Products Reviews that We Can Share with the World