The Dead Sea Mud is famous for its properties to help alleviate health conditions. It works wonders to stimulate, nurture, and revitalize functions of our body. As a result, it is useful and effective for skincare purposes.
Nowadays, you can find it in original presentations fully extracted from the Dead Sea or combined with other ingredients. To understand why it offers so many benefits for skincare, it is necessary to know the origin of the mud and its composition that makes it so extraordinary and unique.
Origin of the Mud
The mud is extracted from the bottom of the Dead Sea. It is also known as Dead Sea Black Mud due to its natural dark color that results from the accumulation of elements. Such accumulation comes from millions of years and creates many layers of components. As they have so many years developing and absorbing nutrients, they also have a more powerful effect.
Composition of Dead Sea Mud
As the mud is directly fed from the Dead Sea, it absorbs all its nutrients and turns mineral-rich. It is precisely the huge amount of these minerals that make it so powerful and differentiate it from other kind of mud. While the typical sea and ocean waters contain up to 3% of salt, the Dead Sea waters can reach up to 32% of salt. Moreover, the composition of the salt also contains more minerals in quantity and proportion than other sea salts.
Benefits of Dead Sea Mud
As set above, the Dead Sea Mud is a mineral-rich substance that has many properties. They produce remarkable benefits to the skin, and they include the following:
- Purifies and detox the skin: different components of the mud also penetrate different layers of it. They cover the dermis, epidermis and reach up to the inner cells. All those elements absorb all the impurities and are then taken away when the mud is removed. That makes your skin look immediately fresh and renewed.
- Acne treatment: this is a direct consequence of the purifier effect. Acne is formed by clogged pores and when the mud detoxes and cleans the pores, it helps to improve acne and black pores. Moreover, it restores the zones that were previously obstructed and that creates a younger appearance with a luminous effect.
- Potent moisturizer: due to the combination of minerals and essential elements, the mud provides a unique source of moisture to your skin. Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc, among others, help the skin to produce natural sebum of the skin. Also, the mud replenishes the lack of essential elements, and the skin is protected with a natural barrier.
- Anti-aging effect: wrinkles, fine lines, and exhausted appearance is caused by the lack of essential elements. The Dead Sea mud counteracts and replenishes the lack of those elements. The skin revitalizes and gets a renovated appearance that makes the skin look younger.
- Rapid absorption: Due to the massive amount of minerals and essential elements of the mud, all the layers of the skin are capable to absorb them rapidly. As a result, mud treatment effects make your skin glow and radiant in shorter time than any other mud.
- Versatility: although Dead Sea mud is commonly presented in a pure state, it is also possible to add it as a component of many other skincare products. That may include lotions, creams, serums, and similar.
The skin receives multiple benefits from the mud. In addition, the entire body and internal organs receive a boost in the circulation and the immune system that contributes to absorbing the nutrients of the mud. Hence, that makes that the effect is extended in the body and in time.
What do you think?