Radiation is everywhere on these days. In fact, the human body is also a source of some doses of radiation. But the most outstanding thing is that accumulating it may start damaging your cells. So, what can you do to protect them? Fortunately there are some ways to do it. You can check here some strategies to start protecting yourself.
First of all, radiation is pure energy that travels through space in the form of waves. It also includes electric and magnetic fields. There are several types of radiation. And all of them can cause damage. However, the key is to control the doses. Mostly big amounts of radiation is what is harmful.
How radiation can damage your cells?
Radiation damages human cells by affecting the DNA. Such an effect is known as ionization which consists of breaking chemical bonds of atoms and molecules of the cell. However, there are different levels of damage as follows:
- Kill the cell by causing extreme damage to the DNA of the cell
- Damaging the DNA but allowing it to repair itself
- Not allowing the DNA to replicate properly
In the end, the over exposure to radiation can cause Acute Radiation Syndrome (ARS). Its symptoms may go from gastrointestinal to neurovascular problems.
Where does radiation come from?
Radiation comes from natural or artificial sources. Naturally, we are surrounded by radiation from all living creatures and inanimate objects. On the other hand, the artificial source comes from technology. These are some of them:
- Medical artifacts for X rays
- Mobile phones
- Radioactive materials
- Cosmic rays
- Ultraviolet light
This is how you can protect yourself from radiation on cells
The key to getting protected from radiation consists of reducing the time of exposure and lowering the doses. After all, we are all surrounded by radiation. So here some ways:
- Avoid repeating too many X rays examinations
- Reduce the length of mobile conversations
- Try to use headsets to talk through your cell phone
- Keep your phone away when you do not need it and that includes when you sleep
- Add organic foods to your diet
- Use UV protector during the day
- Avoid sun exposure during the most harmful hours from 10am to 4pm
- Control the use of micro
- Consider applying some detox treatments form time to time
Can you recover from radiation damage?
Yes, you can recover from radiation damage. Although it depends on the dose you receive, it is possible to do it. However, the opposite is also possible. This is to say that you could carry the effects for many years on your cells, organs and tissues.
To sum up, the best way to protect from radiation starts with being careful and having a healthier lifestyle.